My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ragamuffin Bestie Celebrating St. Patrick's Day!

Please sign up for
My Fabulous March Blog Candy!



Top o' the Mornin', me dear lads and lassies
LOL - corny I know.

for those using the translate button:
That's Irish for "Good Morning, dear blogging friends!"

A special welcome to new followers: 
Beatrice, Tina Teasdale, Steff, Chrissy

Hi! Is this adorable little Ragamuffin Bestie celebrating St. Patrick's Day or is she performing in a circus on a flying trapeze?

Maybe both?

Today she is swinging in an easel card.

Or MAYBE her "normal self" is to dress up and swing in the front yard!

TIP:
There is a lot of extra confetti around this little darling. I cropped part of Sherri Baldy's image (the little squiggly frills) and then pasted them all over the image and even in my sentiment below!


Playing with the My Besties images is enjoyable:
        It allows the little girl in me to come out and not be inhibited about how 
            gaudy, 
                or frilly, 
                     or silly, 
                          or wonderful 
                                my card can be. 

AND AND AND I am reminded to be "My own Bestie" 
             and 
                      to even DO my own best, without being concerned 
                                if it is "good enough" for anyone else. (Thank you, Sherri!)


MORE CONFETTI! -- The glittery line around the designer paper is actually Swan Wing Glitter Tinsel 

Because the tinsel still has lots of space between each piece of tinsel, I "mooshed" in some Luau Green Velvet Glitter. It changed the color from clear white to an iridescent two-glitter look!

The greeting is actually a freebie "coloring book page" found by googling "St. Patrick's Day Words Color Book Page".

It's very tiny now! LOL

The oval behind it is also covered with Luau Green Velvet Glitter.

Don't forget to Sign up for My Fabulous March Blog Candy! It is a gift certificate!


Wonderful Challenges to which this card is entered:

  1. Scrapbook Stamp Society #36 - Anything Goes w/Distressing 3/16
  2. Besties Challenge Blog (Mar 3) - Anything Goes 3/15
  3. Artistic Inspirations Challenges - #82 Anything Goes w/green/St. Patrick's 3/16
  4. Crafting from the Heart - #9 - Anything Goes with Favorite Colors (my favorite color combo is green and pink) 3/14
  5. Crafters Cafe Challenge - #54 Use Flowers 3/18
  6. Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge -  St. Patrick's Day #14-10, (3/17)
  7. Die Cuttin' Divas - #156 Luck of the Irish (3-17) (Dies Used are listed below, different sizes were used in each die set)
  8. Digi Choosday Challenge - #10 "It's All About The Girl" (3/17)
  9. Sweet Stamps - #160 "good luck" (3-16) (my sentiment does not specifically say "luck" but it wishes the best in every way for St. Patrick's Day) Used my new Sweet Cuts die!
  10. My Besties UK Challenge - (Mar 10) "Flower Power" 3/16  Lots of Flowers!
Products Used:

My Besties Ragamuffin on Swing IMG256
Computer-Generated Sentiments
Sparkle N Sprinkle Luau Green Velvet Glitter GM2004
Sparkle N Sprinkle Swan Wing Glitter Tinsel GT3002
Sparkle N Sprinkle Diamond Dust Glitter G1116
MS Floral Crochet PAP Deed Edge Punch
Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large S4-110
Spellbinders Decorative Floral Ovals S4-356
Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF110
Spellbinders Grand Scallop Ovals LF11
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms S5-086
Spellbinders Petite Scallop Oval S4-141
Sweet Cuts - Elegant Leaves SC023
White flowers from Lavish Laces
Copics E00, E70, E35, R02, G20, G21, G43, G07, G28, YG91 and others for shading

A little something from my front door - 
we have NEVER had petunias grow during the winter,
they can't stand the cold weather.
BUT THIS YEAR:

The sun was too bright yesterday.
It reflected off the white petunias.

So I took photos on either side.

I now know that petunais cannot handle hot weather at all, and enjoy above freezing temperatures, but definitely below 70F.

During our freezes, the begonias and petunias were covered with old tee-shirts and covered again with layers of sheets.

the other side is below.

This winter we pulled out all the landscaping in the front yard, and replanted (I'll bore you with some photos another time).




Happy St. Patrick's Day a few days early!

hugs,


43 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

... and so precious is your wee Irish lass! How many gorgeous details can you get in to one card Miss Donna? So much eye candy, those squiggly frills are so fun, beautiful flowers and I love those little pink pearl sprays! Another stunning creation.

Benzi said...

Miss De, you've made a gorgeous Irish card. I love that little basket by the sentiment and all the squiggly frills. Your roses are fabulous and so sparkly.

Oh, I'm jealous you can have those pots of flowers outside right now. I could on some days but others not. I can plant in the ground and have pots in about 4 wks. I always plant by the 15th of April and sometimes a wk. or so before. Can't wait.

SD pooja said...

Beautiful card..I love how you use green color on your cards makes them so fresh.Beautifully embellished easel card..! Those potted flowers are wonderful..how nice to see these beauties fresh in morning !

Monica said...

Oh Donna, your card is ADORABLE. The image is the cutest and all the flowers and green are perfect for St Patrick's Day.
And what a lovely foyer you have with Petunias gracing your home this year. Thanks for sharing such lovely pics.
Love,
M

Jean Bullock said...

Prettiest St. Patrick's Day card EVER!

Stampsnob. said...

Isn't spring the best?........Lis

Sue said...

This is no blarney, that little Irish lass is adorable. Love those big eyes and her swinging outfit! So many beautiful details and your signature sparkle. The sentiment inside is wonderful too. Outstanding easel card, hope you know someone Irish to give it to, they would be thrilled.

Thanks for sharing the flowers, we had blizzard conditions yesterday with 14 inches of snow and wind, everything closed....going out this morning to dig out.

Hugs
Sue

Anne Temple said...

Your easel card is gorgeous! Great coloring and lots of great details. Love how you combined the tinsel and velvet glitter together. This created a great look.

Nicola Gold said...

I just love easel cards. There is so much going on in this one, I see something different every time I look!
Well done on such a stunning creation.
Thanks for joining us this week at TCCCB.
Nicola DT

Donna Maligno said...

Such a darling card, De! That image is adorable, your accents showcase her perfectly. I especially love the inside sentiment!

K8 said...

Stunning creations, love that image and fab color with all that shimmering!! Thank you for playing with us at Artistic Inspirations this week, hugs Kate DT

April said...

What a sweet and gorgeous card! So sparkly and full of wonderful embellishments! Love it!

Also I love the flower pictures! My pansies are looking lovely. Can't wait to plant other flowers soon -- I hope! The temps dropped 20 degrees from yesterday!

Brenda said...

Wish I had your green thumb! Hard to grow things like that out here in the desert, but even the desert stuff stymies me LOL... had better luck in Florida.... Your card is totally adorable - love that little image and all your fun embellies!

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful creation with stunning colouring. Thank you for sharing at CFTH Challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Donna this is packed with gorgeousness. Just too beautiful for words. Love the pink and cream and oh wow those flowers are nature at its best.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Donna what a gorgeous card you have made.
stunning colouring and so beautiful designd.

gr karin

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful coloring & embellishing on your St Pat Day easel style card. Especially like the flowers. Thank you for entering Cuttin' & Stampin' Ch14-10 St Pat Day/Lucky.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Cuttin' & Stampin' DT Orange Team

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Donna me again I forgot to say.

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

NanaConnie said...

This is marvelous, Donna! I'm so glad to know that the Glitter Queen is alive and well in Florida. Love your coloring, and all the fancy die cut frames. All the flowers are gorgeous. Loving the Irish blessing. :-D

Gerda said...

Beautiful card!!! Love all the details!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

pam said...

beautiful easel card Donna, lovely coloring on this gorgeous image and beautiful embellishments..
love your flowers, wish summer was here.
pam

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Donna, such an adorable image and I do love the pink and green colour combination. Such a fabulous design as always with lots of beautiful die cut details and pretty embellishments.
I couldn't help noticing that you were asking about the House Mouse CD on Annie's blog - you can have a look inside the CD on Joanna Sheen's Site here - http://www.joannasheen.co.uk/videos/a-look-inside-our-paper-craft-cdroms/a-look-inside-the-housemouse-triple-cd-video/
I hope this helps.
Pauline
x

Shirley said...

She is just too adorable and the easel and sentiment are perfect for her too!

barbara macaskill said...

There are not words to express how I feel about this card! one would be able to express how gorgeous I think it is. Let me try to find a few. Amazing, Beautiful, Captivating, Darling, Enchanting, Fabulous, Glorious, Hypnotic, Incredible, Jazzy, Killer, Lovely, Marvelous, Nice, Outstanding. These are just a few words that begin to describe how I feel about this card! TFS!

creativearts said...

De, your card is gorgeous! Also the flowers outside are so pretty and lush looking. I envy you all of those beautiful blooms but you deserve to have a beautiful garden and pots of flowers!

Sue from Oregon said...

Blarney Stone! Isn't this just a fancy little lass! Great card Donna!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Donna, this is such a gorgeous card,I like the adorable image, the colours all the die cuts, the beautiful flowers the gems , the pearls the wonderful sentiment and all the sparkle, well I think I just love it all!!
Kevin xx

Eret said...

Donna, your easel card is magnificent! Such an amazing coloring and fabulous design. Your easel cards are best! It is so clever of you to use velvet glitter between tinsel. Love this effect.
Your Petunias are so beautiful. Only flowers I can enjoy in my garden are Snowdrops and Snowflakes. They are beautiful too but I miss colorful flowers. At least I can see yours :) Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Eret

Carol Hurlock said...

Your St. Patrick's Day card is adorable. I just love it. You have colored the image beautifully. I need to take a picture of my St Patrick's Day tree and post it on my blog. I love St Patrick's Day and have little shamrock swags hanging all over my house...lol Beautifully done Donna!
Bear Hugs,
Carol

chrissy xx said...

Wish I could say Top of the Mornin' to You too! only thing is I'm here at night lol.
WoW! So much detail..Such a cute image..FABulous colours and I LOve all your sparkle!
Chrissyxx
LOve these tubs too!

Kim Ross said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! You did such a nice job coloring the main image and adding so many pretty details! Thanks so much for playing along & sharing your project with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'! :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well I guess I have missed something! My blog reading has been hit and miss lately so I'm playing catch up. Your card is absolutely beautiful (as usual). Love the perfectly coloured image and all the sparkle. The glittery flowers are spectacular! Love the die cuts and the easel style - beautiful sentiment too.

Your front step and flowers are gorgeous! I can't wait for spring!

Hugs,
Kitty

Debs said...

Wonderful card with gorgeous flowers, thank you so much for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week. Good Luck.
Hugs Debs

Unknown said...

very pretty - good luck with the besties UK challenge - Carol UK DT x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, my dear friend. Maybe you already saw this but I noticed that you won over at Scrapbook Stamp Society - Congratulations! Well deserved - I love everything about this card! Hope you're having a good day!

Hugs,
Kitty

Planetsusie said...

This is glorious Donna - and I am totally impressed how you put extra squiggles on there! Love the colours and the embellishments, absolutely wonderful. Such a brilliant creation.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

Adorable card De, love the colour combination...love it...and love your petunias....mine are just about to stop their growth with our season changing...I just cut them back and they pop up again the next year. Now planting pansies.xx

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Wow Donna what a Beautiful creation .. thanks for joining us over at My Bestie's UK challenge blog and good luck ... Anita DT x

Embellishments said...

Donna your card is STUNNING! So is your coloring and loving all the sparkles on your card. You were sure having fun with those "frills" lol... LOVE IT! Love the sentiments area as well :-)
Hugs, Steff

Embellishments said...

Oh I forgot... beautiful flowers in front of your door :-)
hugs

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty Donna! Love all the beautiful details of the dies and the cute image.
Amelia

Kimberly S said...

Goodness, your coloring is fantastic....wow Donna! Such a wonderful card, so amazing really. Your front porch is beautiful with all of your flowers too! :) hugs, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Coming from legendary Tbull that new illegal race game is the best endless racer mobile game of the world. Top endless racer mobile games of this type are done for kids and adults alike. Asphalt overdrive will melt behind your hot wheels as you race through countless American roads. Apps in the style of temple run and other infinite racers are made for arcade mobile gamers. Top endless racing play of 2014. Download this fun underground racer game from google play for your android smartphone. Drive as many cars as you can think of and race in multiplayer endless traffic racing entertainment. Apps like this present you a lifetime opportunity to become the champion of leaderboards. Traffic: Illegal Road Racing 5 is the fastest street race games since traffic racer. Traffic racing has never been that fast and entertaining. Tbull for the win.