My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, July 11, 2016

Using Blogger's SSL for Security - Post Update

UPDATE July 11, 2016


My original post regarding Blogger's HTTPS option was written on May 8. 

Click here to review it.

It appears more and more problems are arising from implementing the SSL option - unforeseen consequences for crafters such as ourselves. Among them are:
  1. a loss of previously assigned URL links coming from other locations, 
  2. a loss of some features (see Google's Blog), 
  3. Issues when using custom domain, 
  4. error messages when people try to access our profiles (this usually occurs when they are trying to return-leave a comment from our visit to their blog).

hugs,
de


4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yes, I've noticed some problems too. It's very annoying. I don't understand any of it. Maybe I'll go back and read it again... Thanks, Donna! Sending hugs!

Linda Simpson said...

So far I haven't experienced any problems. Fingers crossed it continues.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

Blogger can be such a pain!! Yesterday, it made me click the not a robot option and then gave me the picture puzzle thingie and instead of just clicking on the boxes that show rivers or whatever, when I clicked on one, a new picture would pop up and this went on for like two minutes...for each comment!! I was ready to drop-kick my computer through the window ;) Have a great weekend dear friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beebeebabs said...

I noticed some problems!!!